Volgograd, a symbol of Russia's suffering and victory in World War II, now the new target for global terrorism. In years past, Russia has had a series of terror attacks on buses, trains and airplanes carried out by suicide bombers.
Umarov, Russia's most-wanted man, leader of the Caucasus Emirate vowed to unleash "maximum force" to disrupt the games at Sochi and has claimed responsibility believing the Sochi Olympics starting February 7 to be "the satanic dances of the bones of our ancestors."
These are his words. "Plan to hold the Olympics on the bones of our ancestors, on the bones of many, many dead Muslims buried on the territory of our land on the Black Sea, and we Mujahedeen are obliged not to permit that, using any methods allowed us by the almighty Allah."
Back in the United States, the U.S. State Department has posted a $5 million reward of information leading to him. Here's a list of his path of destruction.
- Bombed Domodedovo Airport killing 36 people
- Bombed a Moscow Subway killing 40 people
- Bombed a high speed Nevsky Express train, killing 28 people.
- Bombed apartment buildings Moscow killing 300 people.
- Held 700 movie-goers hostage in a Moscow theatre 120 people killed.
- Downed two Russian airplanes, 330 people killed, half children
- Bombed a stadium grandstand, 20 people killed.
The list goes on.
Who is this Dokka Umarov?
Umarov the so called "Russian Bin Baden" is the underground President of the unrecognized Chechen Republic of Ichkeria wanted for kidnapping, murder and treason. He is associated with Al-Qaida and the Talibans, but he denies it. In 2007 he proclaimed himself Emir of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria.
He was barely religious until later in life, today he is an Islamic Extremist.